The Oklahoma Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped provides free services to Oklahomans who are blind or visually impaired. Those with reading disabilities or physical limitations that make it difficult to use standard print also qualify for our services.
The Library provides books, magazines and other materials in audio formats as well as the audio equipment needed to read these materials. There is no cost for library services and no charge to mail the materials back to the library.
Recorded materials are available on digital talking-book cartridges. Digital recordings require specially designed playback equipment which is loaned free to eligible individuals and institutions.
We have a quarterly newsletter called Bright Future. Click here to read recent issues; braille and audio files are available.
OLBPH Readers' Advisory Service
If you ever have any questions call 405-521-3514, toll free at 800-523-0288 or TTY/TTD at 405-521-4672, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our librarians can explain the formats that are available and order reading materials for you. Items listed in the library's catalog may be searched, requested, or reserved online. The library also offers dozens of current magazines. Click here to see the magazines we have available.
OLBPH Will Be Closed the Following Holidays
- New Year's Day - Tuesday, January 1st, 2019
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Monday, January 21st, 2019
- Presidents' Day - Monday, February 18th, 2019
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27th, 2019
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4th, 2019
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2nd, 2019
- Veterans Day - Monday, November 11th, 2019
- Thanksgiving - Thursday & Friday, November 28th & 29th, 2019
- Christmas - Tuesday & Wednesday, December 24th & 25th, 2019